Lucas Home!

Dear Family and Friends,

Lucas is home! It's kind of incredible. I feel like a little bit of culture shock being back in my house and knowing I can stay here. Today was day day 26 of the hospital stay. We stayed in 5 rooms, were in the ICU twice. In that whole time, I slept at home 2 of the nights (thank you Stacie for staying with Lucas one of the nights). Fernando got a solid taste of what it's like to be a single parent. He stepped up doing so much with the kids and his parents luckily are still staying with us and his mom has been instrumental keeping the house tidy and his father doing projects around the house. Fernando's parents will be heading home soon and we'll see how our household shifts into our normal. At this point Lucas has been in the hospital more than he's been home so it will be nice to discover our life of a family of 5.

Fernando is taking a large amount of his paternity leave from work this summer so we'll all be home together this summer and have some time to enjoy seeing people, enjoying the weather and watching Lucas grow. Let us know if you're available to get together. ☺

I have some work to do with Lucas' feeds. They had him exclusively fed through the tube in the hospital so I'll have my work cut out for me the next couple of weeks  getting worked up to feeds by mouth again and eventually getting rid of the feeding tube all together! #nursemommy

I can't believe that the girls will be out of school in just a couple weeks. I got out of the hospital just in time for Isabelle to celebrate her birthday this weekend and we're getting Lucas baptized! :)

Thanks to everyone who supported us and kept us in your thoughts and prayers!

Special Thanks

Thank you to everyone who has watched Lucas so I can go home:
Rachel, Sue, Becca, Kim, Stacie & Monica

Thank you to everyone who has made us meals and dropped them off at the house:
Kimberly & Marty

Thank you to everyone who has helped watch the girls or had a play date:
Grandma, Michele, Jenni & Nora

Thank you to everyone who has come to visit me and bring me food:
Sarah, Caleb, Rachel, Meg & Stacie

 



Comments

  1. So very glad your son is home where he belongs. I hope there are no more hospital stays and he can thrive at home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling picture! So glad you are both home again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to hear the entire family is back home and getting healthy. ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fluid Found - 29 Weeks

Suprise! Lucas is here!

Lucas back in the Hospital